Monday, February 17, 2014

BEST WEEK OF MY MISSION!!!!

So let me tell you about my week! But before i get to that, i hope you all feel some sort of accomplishment! Today we finish the book of mormon! how great is that! I know i feel accomplished having read through it again! This book has changed my life and it continues to do so every time i read it! I hope that not only did you read it, but that you let the words change your heart and nature. we come closer to god by reading this book! i was watching Joseph Smith The Prophet of the Restoration this morning for comp study and i was so moved by the sacrifice tha Joseph Smith made to bring this record to light! This book is trueQ and i am so gateful that we have it to read! Well family, i thank you for reading along with me and i hope that yall enjoyed it as much as i did, and i cant wait to see yall and hear abut your own personal stories with this book of mormon challenge! 

Ok so now let me getto the rest of my week! So as many of you might have heard, the south got hit with winter storms. Georgia is not equipped to deal with winter weather because it hardley ever snows here so they just odont have the equipment for it! so tuesday wednesday and thursday we were stuck in our apartments ALL DAY LONG.... boy that make for LONG days! there is absoutely nothing to do in a missionary apartment. ehhh so here i am thinking "great, my last week as a missionary and i get stuck in my apartment all day long" i was kinda bummed about that. So as i made phone calls to some of my converts in previous areas, and i talked with Karlin!! you may remember him from y previous emails, but he was the ex marine that i taught in suwanee. when i called him he told me all about how he had all these friends in the ward and the he has gone to the temple and done the work for his mom and dad and grandparents and he is looking forward to doing more of his family history and taking more names to the temple. he thanked me for helping him make the transition to the church and to such a wonderful ward family... i cant take any credit for it i was just simply the instrument in the lords hands to makek that happen! i should be the one saying thank you for letting me be a part of his transition. My heart was so full of joy as he kept telling me how he was doing and how much he loved the gospel! and i thought! "wow, tht right there just made my day and my week.... i will die a happy missionary" :) but the lord doesn't just stop with that, he blessed me even more... so last night we were heading form dinner and i noticed that we had a call from an number i din't recognize so i called it back and it was another one of my investigators, bu he never got baptized. I love this man and i always knew that one day he would be baptized... and when i left that area i left him a notebook with my testimony in it... anyway so i am talking with him, and he takes down the info for the farewell fireside and the call is about to close and he says " oh and by the way, did i tell you the i got baptized?" My heart about burst with happiness i started to cry as i told him how proud i was of him and how happy this news made me and he began to cry as well and we both were just sobbing on the phone together and he managed to get out through his tears "Sister Nielsen thank you so much for your help and for not giving up on me! Family, there are not words to describe the joy that i felt. There are not ways to describe it. it is somethnig that has to be felt for yourself. This news has made my entire mission worth it. I am walking in air!!! and i can't even tell you how i feel, that is the frustating part! But soon i will see you and i will be able to tell you the story in person and hopefully that will give you abetter idea of how i felt! 
Well family i love you so much and i am excited to see you, i will see you soon
Love! ya      

Sister Dannika Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment