Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I am so excited to bare my testimony

So I hope that cycle works called you... I took my bike in last Monday... and they said that they would get everything squared away.

Well this week was pretty great... had a few tough days, but that happens! We had a baptism on Saturday! Our 9 year old investigator was baptized! I am so proud of him! I love this little kiddo so much! And his family is incredible! im so excited to watch him grow in the gospel!

We had a neat experience this week, we were checking on less active members, it was like 7:30 pm and we walk up to a door to see if this member will let us in. We knocked on the door and a man answers the door... we ask for the member and he tells us that she has recently passed away :( He is her son. I then had the prompting to ask him if he was a member... he said no, but that he would be interested in hearing more, because he needs something more in his life with the recent loss of his mom and now his dad is in the hospital and things aren't looking good. He is totally open and humble! I could hear the sadness in his voice as he continued to talk to us. My heart ached for him, but also rejoiced for him too, because I know that Christ is his savior and that the gospel can heal even his deepest hurt. I know, because that is what it has done for me! The atonement is such a wonderful thing! I am so excited to begin teaching him... unfortunately, I wont be here for his entire process, but I am so excited to bare my testimony to him and let him know that everything will be fine! I love the gospel, I love the change it brings about in people's lives and I love to watch as people who have been worn by life's trials start to trust God, and they make changes and then they allow the savior to mold them into the person that he sees them as! they become happier, not because life is perfect, but because they now know that there is someone that they can turn to when life. I love the scripture in 2 Nephi 25:26 that says "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." and I would add " the ease of their burdens, the mending of their broken hearts, the erasing of their doubt, fear and discouragement, everything that we face in this life can be eased by the savior through is infinite atonement. This is the most important work to our father in heaven, to make sure that all his children know of Christ and his atonement so that they can utilize it in their lives for their salvation!
Well I hope yall are still reading along in the book of Mormon... I realized that I may have counted wrong because looks like we will be finished a bit before I get home.... :)

well family, have a great week.... ill see you soon!   
--
Sister Dannika Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment